wolf banner

Follow us on

Facebook twitter

MSC03 2210
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131

Physical Location:
Student Union Building

Phone: (505) 277-3803

PB Funds

Pro-Rated Benefit (PB) Funds are available each semester to every recognized departmental student association (RDSA) that has chartered with the Student Activities Center. PB Funds are awarded based on the number of students enrolled in your department. For enrolled graduate students, your RDSA is eligible for a percentage of their GPSA fee. The more students you have in your department the more PB Funds you are eligible to receive.


  • Be a recognized graduate/professional student departmental organization (See List Below);
  • Be chartered with the Student Activities Center (Student Union Building, Suite 1018, 277-4706);
  • Have an account number with the Student Government Accounting Office (SGAO, Student Union Building, Suite 1018, 277-7888). 

Requesting PB Funds 

PB Funds requests can be submitted at the start of fall and spring semester, as soon as the Official Enrollment Report is published. Requests to SGAO for PB funds must be received by the 8th week of each semester (usually right before Fall Break and Spring Break) in order to be processed.  Contact SGAO, 277-7888 or sgao@unm.edu, for more information and early fall semester PB Fund workshop schedules.

  1. Charter your organization with the Student Activities Center, Room 1018, in the Student Union Building. Your RDSA’s charter must be renewed each year. Generally organizations do this at the beginning of fall semester. Only officers listed on an RDSA charter can request PB funds. Make sure to keep your department up to date! Contact the SAC (277-4706) for questions regarding your RDSA’s charter.
  2. Attend at least 1 SGAO PB Fund workshop during August/September. If there are no longer PB Fund workshops offered, you must schedule and attend a meeting with the SGAO Accountant (sgao@unm.edu) or the GPSA Executive Finance Committee Chair (gpsafin@unm.edu).
  3. Email the following information to sgao@unm.edu to submit your application by the 8th Friday of the semester. Other comments may be included at your discretion.
    • Organization name,
    • SINGLE academic department,
    • Contact information of an officer in the organization,
    • SGAO Account Number,
    • The estimated number of students enrolled in your department
  4. Your request will be checked against the Official Enrollment Report from the Registrar’s Office and then processed.

Collecting PB Funds

Once your enrollment numbers are confirmed in Student Government Accounting, it takes about two weeks to transfer the funds to your department’s account. Allocations submitted will be processed as they are received and only after enrollment statistics are made available from the Registrar’s office through the Official Enrollment Report. Inquiries may be directed to SGAO or GPSA for more information.

Reversion of PB Funds

PB Funds must be requested by the eighth Friday of the fall and spring semesters respectively, if not, funds shall automatically revert to the GPSA General Fund. At the end of the fiscal year, an RDSA may keep up to 50% of funds allocated during the academic year. The remainder shall be reverted to the GPSA general fund. However, an RDSA’s remaining balance can never be reduced below $500 as a result of the reversion. This reversion shall never include the RDSA’s self-generated funds.

List of Current RDSAs (Fall 2019)

American Studies Graduate Student Association
Anthropology Graduate Student Union
Council of Allied Discipline-School of Architecture 
Graduate Art Assn.
Biology Graduate Student Association
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Student Society
Chemical And Biological Engineering GSA
Chemistry  Graduate Student Organization
Civil Engineering GSA
Communication & Journalism Grad & Professial Assoc.
Computer Science GSA
Economics GSA
College of Education Graduate Student Leadership Alliance
Electrical Engineering & Computing Engineering-GSA
English GSA
Foreign Languages & Literatures GSA
Assn. of Geoscience Graduate Students (AGGS) 
Public Health Student Assn. 
History GSA
SOLAS - Student Org for Latin American Studies
Student Bar Assn. 
High Desert Linguistics Society
Assn. of Graduate Business Students 
Math & Statistics - Graduate Students in
Mechanical Engineering GA
Medical School Association
Assn. of Grad Students in Music (PB Funds)
Nanoscience & Microsystems Engineering GSA
Institute of Nuclear Materials Mgmt.
Graduate Student Nurses 
Student Occupational Therapy Assn. (SOTA)
Organization, Information, and Learning Sciences 
College of Pharmacy Student Pharmacist Council
Physician Assistant Student Society
Physics and Astronomy GSA
Political Science GSA
Graduate Assocaition of Students in Psychology 
Public Administration GSA
Sociology GSA
Spanish & Portuguese GSA
Speech and Hearing Sciences GSA