There are plenty of opportunities for Graduate and Professional students to get involved. The GPSA Office is supported by volunteers. Our volunteers help maintain our office space and make visitors feel at home.
- Keep the coffee pot full and running. Keep the tea rack and condiments baskets stocked.
- Greet visitors and answer their queries to the best of your ability or locate someone who has more information.
- Answer phone calls and connect them to the intended party.
- Remind computer lab visitors to sign-in at the Front Desk.
- Replace office supplies as needed.
- Update the notice boards.
- Stock pamphlets and business cards.
- Represent GPSA in various departmental/organizational meetings.
- Participate in Graduate orientations; encourage students to volunteer with us and hand out pamphlets.
You must volunteer for 3 hours at the GPSA office every week. We will create your schedule based on your availability.
- Volunteers have after-hours access to the office and computer lab. Your Lobo ID will give you access to our office even when we are closed and you may utilise the space to do your work.
- You will have limited free printing every semester.
- You can use the office refrigerator and the microwave.
- You may use the lockers available in the office to store your belongings.