Graduate Scholarship Fund
The Graduate Scholarship Fund (GSF) is a $1,000 need-based scholarship offered in the Fall and Spring to students who are looking to complete their degrees. Graduate and professional students in good standing in a UNM graduate or professional degree program and within three (3) semesters of graduating are eligible for the scholarship. Preference will be given to students near the completion of their studies who demonstrate significant financial need. Students may receive the scholarship for a maximum of two (2) semesters. Students must submit a complete application packet to be considered to receive funds. In addition, applicants are encouraged to do the following to write a successful proposal:
- Attend a funding workshop to learn how to write a persuasive proposal.
- Review the scoresheet to understand how your application will be scored.
- Understand the GSF process and bylaws.
Fall 2014 GSF Deadlines
Applications Open: Friday, Sept 5th
Deadline to Submit Applications: Friday, Oct 3rd at 5:00 pm
GPSA will begin accepting applications for the Fall Semester on September 5th. Submissions will be accepted online only and will require the following:
- Complete Unofficial Transcript (saved as a PDF from LoboWeb)
- 500 word (maximum) essay describing financial need as well as other lines of current financial support. Essays in excess of 500 word limit will not be accepted. Essays must be anonymous.)
- Letter of Recommendation OR Verification of Imminent Degree Completion Form (below) signed by advisor, department head, or departmental professor stating student is within three (3) semesters of degree completion.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. International and non-resident students please print and complete the FAFSA paper form from the GPSA website. After completion, take the form to UNM One-Stop to be evaluated by financial aid personnel. (All FAFSA are used to calculate unmet financial need.)
Please see the following documents for complete application details:
- Application Cover Form
- GSF Scoresheet
- Faculty Verification Form
- Paper FAFSA
- GSF Bylaws